Posted on August 31st, 2009 No comments
OUr Earth will be meeting at the Union Courtyard at 6:20 Tuesday, September 1, 2009 to walk up to Native Root Food Market for the Norman Fair Trade Meeting. We will be discussing ways to interact better with NFT and OUr Earth and continue our efforts here on the OU campus to expanding Fair Trade here on campus.
Posted on August 27th, 2009 No commentsHey there Our Earth Members!It was great seeing you all at the meeting! Thanks so much for coming out. I hope that all our shouting didn’t scare you away..We covered quite a bit of basics about what we will be doing this year. Please don’t be intimidated because all if it is going to be a lot of fun. The next meeting is September 9th at 8PM and we will have sign ups and really get down to business. We have a lot of great ideas being tossed around and we definitely want your feedback. What specific projects do find interesting and want to help out with? Have any ideas to add? Let us know!Also, do any of you want to come along with us to the Norman Fair Trade meeting on Tuesday, September 1st at 7pm? Norman Fair Trade is an action group with an aim to raise awareness and increase the availability and demand for Fair Trade products by actively collaborating with other groups with similar goals. Let’s be one of those organizations. We will meet in the Union Courtyard and carpool to discuss getting involved with them.Here’s an overview of what we talked about (in case you couldn’t hear ;D):
Here’s a little bit of what you brought to us after the meeting:
- Game Day Recycling
- Copenhagen Climate Talks in December
- American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009
- Lobby Training for our group and other advocate groups on campus
- [Re]energize Oklahoma Summit
- Energy Action Coalition
Keep all of the officer names handy. We’d absolutely love to hear from you! Also, find us on twitter, facebook, or even on our NEW website ourearth.ou.edu.
- Pushing recycling in the greek houses. There is already a program set up for them, now we just need to get the word out!
- A community garden!
- A sustainable engineering design competition. This would be great publicity for the group and could even turn into some kind of fundraising.
- Some kind of involvement in the dorm move out. You’d be amazed the things that are just thrown out as people flee the dorms. Let’s do something about it.
Posted on August 23rd, 2009 No comments
We have our first meeting being held in the Oklahoma Memorial Union on the first floor next to Crossroads. It will take place on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 8PM in the Sooner Room. I hope everyone can show up and take up an interest in what we do and learn about what we are going to be doing for the 2009-2010 school year.